A ground-breaking report outlining why real estate businesses can’t afford not to invest in sustainability
The World Green Building Council (WorldGBC), a global network accelerating sustainability and decarbonisation in the building and construction sector, has set out the updated value proposition to drive investment in a sustainable built environment by launching a new flagship report ‘Beyond the Business Case’ at COP26 in Glasgow.
Commercial Maintenance Services (CMS) UK Ltd has appointed Adam Bartle to the newly created position of head of renewables as it looks to grow its energy saving and carbon reduction services.
The Association for Specialist Fire Protection (ASFP) has made two new appointments to support the continued development of its member, training and technical services. Rich Green was appointed as Commercial Projects Manager and Chris Sharman joined as Training Manager.
Over this year’s summer holidays, Sodexo has been working hard to transform the dining halls of 49 Oasis Academy schools with the help of designs from the academy pupils themselves.
- 75% of organisations say they have employees who are reluctant to return to the workplace
- 97% of UK organisations are implementing some form of hybrid working
- Almost a third of workers will be primarily office based in their new hybrid models
- Mitie has won a new three-year security contract with Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield in the UK
- The contract will see Mitie colleagues deliver security services, including site patrols and control room management, for Westfield London and Westfield Stratford City, Europe’s two largest shopping centres
- Technology and sustainability will be central to the contract, with Mitie committing to using electric vehicles and sustainable uniforms, as well as rolling out its Merlin 24/7 technology solution
New research has revealed that over two fifths (41%) of British SMEs including those in the facilities management sector, believe the parameters set out in public sector tenders are too proscriptive and they are stifling innovation in their responses. The finding is among a series of frustrations SMEs have with the tendering process which are actively discouraging them from pursuing public contracts.