- Mitie has won a five-year competitive retender, with the option to extend for a further two years, to continue delivering facilities management and catering services for Stamford and Rutland Hospital and several FM services for Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- The contract is worth £4.2 million a year and will also see Mitie delivering cleaning services to four of Peterborough City Hospital’s non-PFI buildings
- All Mitie frontline employees working on the contract will be uplifted to the Real Living Wage
Mitie has strengthened its twelve-year relationship with North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust with a new five-year contract to deliver facilities management and catering services for all of the Trust’s hospitals. The contract is worth £4.2 million a year and has the option to extend for up to two further years.
FIS has joined other leading construction groups in signing the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) Conflict Avoidance Pledge, which commits businesses to working proactively to avoid conflict, promote the value of collaborative working and work with industry to use conflict avoidance measures.
The UK government has announced an ambitious blueprint to deliver the world’s first low-carbon industrial sector and over £1 billion to cut emissions from industry, schools and hospitals.
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) awarded £78m through the Government’s Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme
- Grant will fund upgrades to public estate across the city-region, including leisure centres, schools, and offices, and support or safeguard around 2,000 jobs
- Retrofitting measures will include new heating systems, solar panels, and energy monitoring and control systems
- Scheme supports Greater Manchester’s environmental vision to become carbon neutral by 2038
Greater Manchester has been awarded over £78m in Government funding to support energy efficiency upgrades to more than 150 public buildings across the city-region, helping to cut emissions and create new jobs.
The BBP Responds To The UK Government’s Ambitious Plans To Introduce A New Performance Based Energy Rating Scheme For Commercial Buildings
The BBP welcomes the publication of proposals by BEIS to introduce a national performance-based policy framework for rating the energy and carbon performance of commercial and industrial buildings above 1,000m2 in England & Wales. This is accompanied by a detailed consultation on Introducing Performance-Based Ratings in Commercial and Industrial Offices above 1,000m² in England and Wales.
The Home Office has just announced that building owners could face unlimited fines following new measures being brought in to strengthen fire safety.
Advice from the HSE
Here is the latest information on any changes related to workplace safety during the pandemic following the easing of coronavirus restrictions.
Sodexo Replaces Five Items With More Sustainable Options As Part Of Its Plastic-Reduction Commitment
Sodexo becomes the largest European foodservice provider to implement a commitment to remove single-use plastic items from its operations by making available only wood, paper, cardboard or fibre-based take-away bags, straws, plates, cutlery and stirrers.