● Mitie has been awarded a new IFM contract by the Cumbria Consortium, which includes Sellafield Ltd, worth up to £500m
● A five-year contract, with the option to extend for up to five more years, Mitie will be providing engineering, maintenance, cleaning, security, waste, grounds maintenance and catering services
● Mitie has supported Sellafield since 2003, building on its initial cleaning contract to now provide a full IFM service across its sites, as well as other locations in Cumbria and Warrington included in the Cumbria Consortium
Mitie has been awarded a new IFM contract with the Cumbria Consortium, which includes Sellafield Ltd, worth up to £500m. With an initial term of five years, and the option to extend for up to five more years, Mitie will provide all facilities management services across the sites, including engineering, cleaning, security, waste, grounds maintenance, catering and projects. As part of the Cumbrian Consortium, as well as Sellafield Ltd the contract will also cover locations across Cumbria and Warrington.
Around 450 industry professionals gathered at the Millennium Gloucester Hotel, Kensington, London, UK on 10th March 2022, to honour the winners of the International Awards for Powered Access (IAPAs). As well as announcing and celebrating category winners, the event heard that next year the ceremony will be hosted in Berlin, Germany.
New findings on critical plant and equipment data usage within the UK’s hi-tech manufacturing industries have revealed slower-than-expected progress toward achieving sustainability and net zero carbon reduction goals.
● EQUANS to oversee repairs and maintenance for c40,000 council-owned homes in the city
● Around 300 members of staff to TUPE into EQUANS
Birmingham City Council has appointed EQUANS to deliver planned and responsive repairs, maintenance and refurbishment works to more than 40,000 council owned properties in the city, in a deal worth £160m (£80m per annum).
Pinnacle Group has revealed that 30 young people in total have been provided with six-months paid work experience placements through the government’s Kickstart Scheme. Announcing this success during National Careers Week (7th-11th March 2022), Pinnacle Group has also reported that this has led to full-time employment for eight young people so far.
Compass Group UK & Ireland, the UK’s leading foodservice provider, held a celebratory International Women’s Day event in London, earlier this week (Tuesday 8th March).
Atlas Security’s Hasan Afzal has won the Outstanding Security Officer award in the 2022 UK Outstanding Security Performance Awards (OSPAs).