The Junior Engineering Engagement Programme tackles FM misperceptions in schools for future career paths, and now re-launches after pandemic forces postponement.
Leading facilities solutions provider ABM has launched year four of its Junior Engineering Engagement Programme (J.E.E.P.) following a yearlong postponement caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
To help contractors understand their level of responsibility when it comes to design, the Finishes and Interiors Sector (FIS) has published a new guidance note, How to Manage Design Liability and Understand Your Responsibility.
Sodexo Marks International Day Of Awareness On Food Loss And Waste By Announcing Prevention Of 280t Of UK Food Waste
On the second annual United Nations awareness day for stopping food loss and waste (Wednesday, 29th September), Sodexo has provided an update on its food waste reduction programme, WasteWatch powered by LeanPath, which confirms this has now been deployed at over 200 sites across the UK.
In its latest white paper report, VINCI Facilities is arguing that the facilities management sector is not taking a strategic approach or taking enough specific action to address its responsibilities towards the wellbeing of individuals and the planet as a whole.
- New London Declaration to embed climate considerations into all standards to accelerate the achievement of climate goals.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) commitment has been led by BSI (The British Standards Institution).
A game-changing moment for international standards will enable a real acceleration in government and industry transition to net zero. Led by BSI, and approved by the ISO members, the London Declaration is a commitment to ensure global standards will support climate action and advance international initiatives to achieve our global climate goals.
The industry-leading provider of procurement contracts to the construction sector, NEC, has appointed the Deputy Director of Crown Commercial Service (CCS) for Construction, John Welch, as its Users’ Group Chair.
- Mitie has welcomed 41 new apprentices to its Technical Services Apprenticeship Programme as part of its efforts to attract and develop the next generation of engineers
- In addition to 18 other apprentices which joined earlier in the year, this new intake takes Mitie past its target of 50 new Technical Services apprentices in 2021
- The Apprenticeship Programme, which is part of Mitie’s Technical Services Academy, is an initiative that supports Mitie’s offer of learning and development opportunities for employees at every stage in their career