The Security Industry Authority (SIA) have opened registration for its free 2021 national conference. This year's conference, which is the SIA's first fully virtual flagship event, will take place on Wednesday 10th November. It will be the first time the SIA has hosted a forum of this size since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. The theme of this year's conference will be Opportunities for improved public safety in a post-COVID-19 world.
The conference is open to all licensed security professionals and will be free of charge. It will also be the first opportunity to engage with the new chair of the Authority, Heather Baily QPM.
Heather said: "We're very much looking forward to welcoming the industry to the SIA's national conference. We've planned a virtual format for the safety of delegates and tailored the agenda to the needs of the industry with a series of break-out sessions during the afternoon. I would like to encourage as many UK licensed security professionals as possible to sign up and join the discussion."
The conference programme features sector-relevant topics for discussion and input from delegates, including:
- reflections on the events of the last 18 months, exploring lessons learned and implications for the future
- a progress update on the SIA's business and corporate plan and outline priorities for the remainder of the business year/or next 18 months
- an opportunity to network virtually, share experiences and discuss ideas/thoughts with representatives from across the private security industry
The conference programme also features a series of breakout sessions on key issues of interest to the industry such as:
- the SIA's approach to compliance, supervision and enforcement
- skills beyond licence-linked qualifications: an update on the SIA's skills strategy affecting individual licence holders, with a focus on apprenticeships, Continuing Professional Development, and centres of excellence
- the direction of the SIA's voluntary approval schemes, including a briefing on some of the SIA's thinking so far plus a follow-up of the review of the Approved Contractor Scheme that took place in 2018
The day will end with a live question and answer session with SIA Chair Heather Baily, SIA Acting Chief Executive and Directors from the Executive team.
Security professionals can reserve their place at the conference today by clicking on this link. You can keep up to date with conference news by following the hashtag #SIAConference2021 on social media.