Celebrating FM – Standing Tall Beyond The Pandemic
The Institute of Workplace Facilities Management is promoting ‘World FM Day’ with the following statement:
The last year has been more than a clear demonstration of the value of FM to organisations in its ability to respond quickly and professionally to what were, for everyone, challenging times. It is right this is recognised, particularly on World FM Day.
COVID, Climate Change And Sleeping Frogs
A more diverse profession is essential to help us build resilience against future crises and better respond to the pandemic and climate change, Kevin Kelly, incoming President of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers said in this Presidential Address.
- Mitie has won four five‑year contracts with Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust and Hertfordshire NHS Community Trust
- The contracts will see some 300 Mitie employees deliver services, including cleaning, security, portering, linen and laundry, catering and helpdesk, for healthcare sites across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Essex and Norfolk
- The services were previously managed by Interserve Facilities Management but were renewed following Mitie’s acquisition of Interserve in November 2020
Mitie has won four contracts, two to deliver facilities management and two to provide catering services for Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust and Hertfordshire Community NHS Trust. These services were previously managed by Interserve Facilities Management but were renewed following Mitie’s acquisition of Interserve in November 2020.
Banham Security Are First UK ECHO‑Connected Alarm Receiving Centre Fast‑Tracking Alarm Signals To The Police
Banham Security and ECHO (Electronic Call Handling Operations Ltd), the not‑for‑profit industry backed alarms handling operator, have announced Banham Security as their launch customer – the first UK Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC) to be ECHO‑connected, fast tracking alarm signals to the Police. ECHO is set to transform intruder and hold‑up alarm signal handling to the Police when ‘every second counts’, and Banham is at the forefront of this initiative to deter crime and facilitate a faster police response.
The Lighting Industry Association (LIA) welcomes Matt Sturgess to the position of CEO of The LIA.
He took up his position on 12th April 2021, replacing interim CEO, Paul Crisp, who has been doing an exceptional job supporting the LIA team and its Members as they plan for the post 2020 era.
Use, Manufacture And Supply
Advice from the HSE
During the coronavirus (COVID‑19) pandemic, there is increased demand for hand sanitiser and surface disinfectant products.
The British Woodworking Federation (BWF) Fire Door Alliance has launched an awareness campaign, Be Certain, Be Certified, to highlight the importance of third‑party certification of fire doors in improving fire safety standards across the UK. The campaign addresses a “clear lack of understanding” over what certification is and the vital role it plays in protecting lives.
More than half of businesses set to accelerate projects due to pandemic
British business is set for a digital revolution according to a survey which indicates that 56 per cent of companies are speeding up plans because of the pandemic.
- Mitie has won a three‑year contract to deliver security services for Associated British Ports (ABP), the UK’s leading ports group
- The contract will see Mitie deliver security services, including staffed guarding and passenger searches and screening, for all of ABP’s 21 ports in England, Scotland and Wales